- Overview of what is OSA (obstructive sleep apnea).
- Overview of dental signs and symptoms.
- Overview of dental treatment options.
Really there are three types of training and education options. You need to be able to answer what you are trying to accomplish to best choose the right educational opportunity.
1. Inspirational. This is where you go to a seminar and get ‘fired up’ about something. You don’t necessarily learn how to do it, but know that it is something for you.
2. Scientific. This is where you attend a seminar and you learn the hows and why about something. These programs are wonderful to give you the knowledge base and confidence that you know what you are talking about, but do they give you the practical systems you need?
3. Implementation. This is where you go to a seminar and learn how to actually put something into your practice. These programs give you step by step workflow to implementation, efficiency, and increase your case acceptance.
Each of these seminars are very important. Once you decide what you want then choose a seminar that fits your outcome.
If you are looking for a seminar that will give you a practical implementation strategy to add more of these cases to your practice and have a workflow on how to manage these cases and learn the new language of dental sleep medicine then you should be looking for an IMPLEMENTATION type of seminar.
So here are my recommendations.
If you are looking for a program that fits into the Implementation realm?
This is exactly what Dr. Agarwal and I would like to provide for you with our Sleep Apnea Workshop. Of course we are very inspirational and grounded in science, but our core focus is making this fun, easy, and profitable for your practice.
If you are looking for a program that is mainly scientific in nature?
If you are looking for a seminar that will move you more towards an ‘expert’ or diplomate status then you should look at the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine.
If you are just looking for a program that is inspirational so you can see if you want to get started in sleep apnea?
Then I recommend attending any sleep apnea ‘lecture’ coming to your area. Sleep apnea is such a hot topic that it is on nearly every meeting agenda. You could also consider attending a Sirona 3D Summit.
Below you can see my dental sleep medicine team and how important they are in integrating this important service in my practice.