Are you living under the illusion that advanced dentistry is just a big-city thing? That your success is limited because you’re in a rural area? You’ll think again after hearing Dr. Bryant Birch’s story in today’s episode. The nation’s mentality is changing, and technology is being welcomed and expected. Listen to T-Bone’s conversation with Dr. Birch for the inside scoop on how to expand your dental practice in a small town.
Dr. Bryant Birch: Small town dentist attains big success
Dr. Bryant Birch grew up as the son of a dentist, in Green River, Wyoming, population just under 1300. He took over his father’s basic dental practice and has taken it to the next level. In this episode, Dr. Bryant talks about the process of developing and expanding the practice, and a life-changing event that changed his attitude and the way he thinks and looks toward the future, including investing in dental technology. Listen in to this compelling and inspiring conversation about overcoming the odds and growing a highly successful dental practice.
Why do dental implants in-house?
One of the advanced dentistry procedures that Dr. Bryant Birch added to his practice is dental implants. In this episode, he talks about his journey of learning the skills, educating his patients, and eventually growing his practice 30% per year through offering implants. Listen in to find out why people love getting general and advanced dentistry from one doctor, and to get the tips and resources you need to grow your own dental practice.
Sleep Apnea treatment and other great ways to expand your dental practice
An estimated 22 million Americans suffer from sleep apnea. In this episode, find out how you can help your patients get a restful night’s sleep by offering a dental appliance for sleep apnea, and what you can do to incorporate this into your practice with a sleep apnea champion on your team. This is just one of the great ways you can grow your business. As you listen to Dr. Bryant Birch talk about the expansion of his dental practice, you will discover many great ideas and resources that will encourage and inspire you to move your own practice into the future.
Tbone talks about training the team at your dental practice
How do you train your team to have the same direction? This is Dr. Bryant Birch’s question for T-Bone in this episode. T-Bone offers a number of valuable insights into the process of getting your team to share the vision, be empowered, and accomplish goals. These ideas and many more are part of this conversation. Listen in and find out what you can do to take your dental practice to the next level!
Outline of This Episode
- [0:17] Intro of this episode with Dr. Bryant Birch.
- [0:43] Bryant’s story of taking over his dad’s dental practice in Green River, Wyoming.
- [6:27] How Dr. Birch chose to make changes to the practice.
- [8:39] How Bryant Birch went from simple general dentistry to high-tech.
- [14:09] Bryant’s journey to doing dental implants in-house.
- [20:29] Dr. Birch’s plans for building a new facility.
- [22:26] The changing mentality toward technology in dentistry.
- [24:19] Dr. Birch’s thoughts about taking insurance.
- [27:16] T-Bone and Dr. Bryant on trying new things.
- [29:28] Sleep apnea in the medical practice
- [32:22] Dr. Bryant’s story of a life-changing experience that altered his attitude and the way he looks at the future.
- [40:06] How do you train a team to have the same direction?
- [45:35] Using community events to educate.
- [46:32] The pre-requisites to taking it to the next level.
Resources & People Mentioned
Listen to the entire interview
Subscribe to the Podcast
Want to get T-Bone Speaks sent directly to your smart device when a new episode comes out? T-Bone would love that! You can do so by subscribing via iTunes or searching for “T-Bone Speaks” on your podcast player (don’t forget the hyphen).
Submit a question for T-Bone
If you’d like to have T-Bone address a question or issue you’re having in your practice he’d love to respond and answer your question on the show. You can submit your question by completing the contact form here.
Attend one of T-Bones LIVE events!
If you are interested in attending a LIVE event that T-Bone is hosting you can find one near you by checking out the map and event descriptions here.