Do you have an emergency plan for your dental practice? How has the coronavirus outbreak impacted your business? If you’re like many business owners across the country, the recent outbreak and pandemic of COVID-19 have created uncertainty about what the future will hold for our businesses and patients.
Dr. Jonathan Ford, Dr. Amy Connor, and Dr. John (J.P.) Pasicznyk joined me to discuss how we can prepare our practices amidst the coronavirus outbreak. Dr. Ford is the owner of Ford Dental Group, a practice in Huntington Beach, California. Dr. Connor is the owner of Connor Family Dentistry, a practice in Sumner County, Tennessee. Dr. Pasicznyk is the owner of Evolution Dental, a dental support organization committed to impacting and improving the dentistry industry. Dr. Ford attended the University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine while Dr. Connor went to the University of Tennessee Health Science Center for her DDS. Dr. Pasicznyk obtained his degree in dentistry from the Indiana University School of Dentistry and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from Butler University. Amazing dentists in their own right, they’re also seasoned veterans when it comes to running a practice smoothly, even with today’s coronavirus problem.
In today’s episode, Dr. Ford, Dr. Connor, and Dr. Pasicznyk share how the virus has affected the way they work and the difficult decisions they’re considering should business head south. They explain how to give reassurance to patients when it comes to making sure everything is clean and disinfected. They also highlight some of the lessons they’ve learned during one of our implant seminars.
“The news is always going to make it either worse than it is or better than it is, but somewhere in the middle is the reality.” – Jonathan Ford
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- What their first thoughts were when the coronavirus first came to light.
- The plans they talked about with their team as they readied for the situation.
- How the current pandemic has affected their practice.
- How they let their patients know that they’re being safe regarding the outbreak.
- The necessity of leadership throughout this ordeal.
- The different worst-case scenarios that could happen.
- What to tell team members if the business is affected negatively.
- Their thoughts on the seminar on implant dentistry.
- What it was like screening patients for implant appointments.
- What their individual practices are like and how they prepare for things to go back to normal.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “It’s okay to be scared, but those are conversations we should have behind closed doors with our patients.” – Jonathan Ford
- “Our biggest challenge right now is finding time to work on the practice.” – J.P.
- “Patients are not the problem for implementation.” – T Bone
Connect with Dr. Jonathan Ford:
Connect with Dr. Amy Connor:
Connect with Dr. John Pasicznyk:
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.