What 2020 brought our industry and our lives was not exactly what we all thought a year ago, but it wasn’t all doom and gloom, either. We’ve seen a lot of innovations in the past few months, many of which were likely forced early on, but people have since adapted to this “new normal,” and we’ll very likely take it with us as we enter 2021. How did our practice adjust to the abrupt changes? What were the adjustments we needed to spearhead? How did the pandemic affect us professionally and personally?
Today, I discuss how the pandemic has forced our industry to innovate and what our practice did to not just keep our doors open, but to try to hit as many of the goals we set out a year ago. I share why we needed to shuffle our team amidst the pandemic and explain why I can’t fully get rid of insurance in my practice. I describe the lessons we learned as a team and how we’re not better prepared when it comes to anything virtual. I also share how the pandemic personally hit me and my family and explain why, despite these challenges and setbacks, I’m still thankful.
“No one needs change; we needed disruption and COVID was the disruption.”
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- My thoughts on how the pandemic will persist through 2021.
- Did we hit our practice’s 2020 goals?
- Why I’m trying to get out of network with many insurance companies.
- How the pandemic affected our team members.
- The positive changes Slack enabled our practice to have.
- Why a team change should be a goal in 2021.
- The one area COVID-19 crushed across every industry.
- Some of the wins we had in 2020 and how it affected our families.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “2021 will be a very bad year if we don’t have any team change in our practice.” – Tarun Agarwal
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.