There’s always a first time for everything, and it’s no different when it comes to dentistry. It’s not even about how long you’ve been running a practice. Some cases just don’t come to us, but dentists should actively seek out doing any treatment for the first time. More than just getting the experience, the people you meet and work with, the mindset you must possess, and the processes you will learn can be life-changing from both a business and personal perspective.
Today, I share the story of my first hybrid patient and why I decided to take the case. I discuss the steps involved when it comes to hybrids, my experience working with a dental surgeon, and what I learned from them. I explain what type of hybrid cases you should have in your practice and how you can provide the most seamless customer experience. I describe your front-office team’s role and why I believe they are the bottleneck of our practice. I discuss how a medical representative can help prepare your team for new procedures and services. I also share advice for those who want to be in the dental industry and what I wish I knew when I was getting started.
“I encourage every surgically-oriented dentist to get into doing hybrids yourself. It’s life-changing work.” – Tarun Agarwal
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- My first hybrid patient and what pushed me to do it.
- How my surgeon helped me get to a higher level of dentistry.
- Working with my surgeon and how we helped each other’s businesses.
- How working with a surgeon can be a dentist’s safety net.
- Understanding which hybrid cases dentists should handle.
- The different surgeons we work with at 3D Dentists.
- How you can offer a frictionless experience for the patient.
- Why it’s critical to train each of your team members step-by-step.
- The value of a medical rep in the context of team training.
- Why the number one technology for your business is the camera.
- My one piece of advice for those who want to get into dentistry.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I, for sure, wouldn’t be where I’m at today if I have not partnered with the right-minded surgeon to help me get to these levels.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “The surgery is the daunting part. A hybrid is a big surgery.”- Tarun Agarwal
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.