Dr. Matt Standridge is the owner of Ketodontist, a health and wellness blog where he writes about the wonders of adopting a ketogenic lifestyle into his life and career. He specializes in cosmetic dentistry, orthodontics, and dental implants. He is also a Fellow at the Academy of General Dentistry, a credential only 5% of dentists receive. Matt also owns and operates his own private dental clinic in the Yates Center, Kansas area.
Today, Matt joins us to share the importance of maintaining a certain level of fitness in our profession. He describes his fitness journey, his challenges with losing weight, and how he manages to keep it off today. He explains how nutrition is the main driver of your health and fitness journey and why we should walk more. Matt also discusses the effects of the ketogenic diet and why calories and total fat content still matters.
“If you know what your roadblocks are, you have to come up with an actionable plan to deal with those.” – Matt Standridge
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- How I changed my life to become healthier and more energetic.
- Matt’s academic and fitness journey and why he focused on a low-carb diet.
- Why Matt regained the weight he lost and more.
- Why people don’t see dentistry as a physically laborious profession.
- How Matt got his fitness back and the diet he used.
- How sleep, stress, exercise, and diet impact your health journey.
- Matt’s thoughts on “everything in moderation” and why it doesn’t work with most.
- The length of time it takes for someone to form a new, healthy habit.
- Matt’s keto menu recommendation and why you should keep it simple.
- The risks of eating a lot of fat in a keto diet.
- Why walking is an underrated exercise.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Diet is going to drive 80% of your results.”
- “Health impacts people more than they know.”
- “Health is the cornerstone that impacts every aspect of our life.”
Connect with Matt Standridge:
- Email: email@example.com
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.