No man is an island, and it’s the same with running a dental practice. In order for your business to function at its most efficient and be profitable, you need the help of a few key team members. These are your champions, and it would do well for you to invest in developing champion team members, so the practice can run without you having to micromanage everything.
How do you train champion team members? What are some of the services you need a champion for?
Today, I share how I developed my champion team members and the roles they fill. I describe how I’ve grown my practice, my patients, and services. I introduce my key team members to share their Champion stories, discuss what it’s like to work for me, and describe how they have adjusted to the kind of system I’ve established. I also explain how you can have your team members committed to the goals you want for the practice and why sometimes you have to slow down to speed up.
“Success has to be something specific, it can’t be more. It has to be a number or a goal.” – Tarun Agarwal
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- Why you are your best investment no matter how big your practice gets.
- Some of the ways you can grow your practice without raising prices.
- The three things you should address with your team members.
- Adding diversity to the procedures you are providing.
- What efficiency really is, from a business viewpoint.
- Embracing the concept of replacing yourself and creating an environment where it’s safe to fail.
- Introducing my team members, their roles, and the concept of “champions.”
- What my team thinks a champion is and how they fit that role.
- What it was like when my team first started working in my practice and how they work together.
- The benefits of having champions in your business.
- How to determine if a team member is committed to the work.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Slowing down is sometimes the best way to speed up.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “We can make mistakes, but it’s the thought process behind the mistake.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “Affordability is not about the price you charge, but how you make it fit into their budget with monthly payments.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “Dentistry does not have a case acceptance problem; dentistry has a diagnosis and communication problem.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “No matter what, the single best investment you’ll ever make is in yourself.” – Tarun Agarwal
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.