Tejas Patel is a Cosmetic Dentist who owns Austin Cosmetic Dentistry by Tejas Patel. His practice offers cosmetic, preventative, implant, and restorative dentistry. He has over 17 years of experience providing advanced dental solutions for patients who not only want healthy teeth, but also a confident smile. Tejas previously ran and owned another clinic in Lakeway, Texas before exclusively offering his services in his current practice in Austin. On top of having a DDS Degree from University of Texas Dental Branch, Tejas also majored in Spanish and Biology from the University of Houston.
Today, Tejas joins us to discuss how he became one of the most recognizable faces in dental social media. He shares why his team allocates close to 80% of their marketing budget to social media ads, including TikTok videos. He explains how he runs his practice and why he chooses not to offer every service in his clinic. Tejas also describes what it’s like to be a virtual dentist and how he treats out-of-town patients, especially those who found him through social media ads.
“Content can be educational, entertainment, or emotional.” – Tejas Patel
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- How Tejas became an expert in social media marketing.
- The interesting story about his name and how people pronounce it.
- Why Tejas spends up to 80% of his marketing budget on social media marketing.
- The services Tejas’ practice offers and why he doesn’t offer everything.
- Getting over the fear of dropping insurance in your practice.
- What Tejas believes is the information you should show in your marketing ads.
- The doubts Tejas had when he started their social media campaigns.
- How they cater to out-of-town customers.
- Where they get their content ideas and how they build around them.
- How Tejas motivates his team to be on camera.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Before you figure out how many times you’re going to post, you should figure out where you’re going to post.” – Tejas Patel
- “A solid year of staying consistent, you should be seeing whatever your result is.” – Tejas Patel
Connect With Tejas Patel:
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.