Dr. Dee Dee Meevasin is a dentist with her own practice in Las Vegas, Nevada. Her contemporary style and approach to dentistry have set her apart and led to her success among young professionals who value their dental health. On this episode, Dr. Dee Dee shares her story and talks about some of the key principles that make her practice work so well. Listen in to gain ideas for your own practice related to technology, team culture, effective planning, and making patients comfortable.
How is contemporary dentistry different than that of the 1990’s and early 2000’s?
Contemporary dentistry (from about 2012 forward) is not just about clinical skills, but more about the environment in which you practice. For Dr. Dee Dee Meevasin this includes engagement with technology, for both the dentist and the patient. On this episode, Dee Dee shares her love for Cerec and also talks about how she uses iPads, charging stations, and other technology for her patients’ convenience when they are in the office. Listen to learn not only how Dee Dee uses technology, but also to learn about other creative ways that she intentionally builds the culture that she wants for her practice.
Dee Dee Meevasin’s story – How mentoring paved the way for establishing her dental practice
Dee Dee Meevasin always had the dream to own her own business. For the first few years out of dental school, she worked in her mentor’s practice. On this episode, she shares how her mentor set things up so that working in his practice would prepare her for moving on to her own more contemporary dental practice. Dee Dee is also a mom of two young children, and shares her mindset and her challenges with being a mom and owning a practice. Listen in and be inspired by her story of working hard to accomplish what is really important to her.
How to empower and motivate your team
Do you want to have a motivated, empowered, and upbeat team? Dr. Dee Dee Meevasin has created that kind of a team in her dental practice, and shares on today’s episode how she has accomplished it. Listen in to find out how she has engaged her team in training and goal-setting, and how she has used unique rewards as well as daily encouragement to motivate them to work toward their goals and to have fun together. Learn Dee Dee’s secrets and then use them to motivate your own team!
Making your dental practice more successful: Some words of advice
Success in contemporary dentistry requires a different approach than it did in dentistry of the past. But when T-Bone asks Dr. Dee Dee Meevasin for advice to help others make their practice more successful, her answers are not about adding new technologies or specific business practices. Instead, she shares the secrets to her own success: making solid plans from thorough research, and building and supporting a strong culture within her practice. Listen to this interview to hear Dr. Dee Dee’s insights on these topics and more, and discover what it takes to become successful in contemporary dentistry.
Outline of This Episode
- [0:16] Introducing Dr. Dee Dee Meevasin from Las Vegas, Nevada.
- [3:26] The difference between contemporary dentistry and that of the 1990’s and early 2000’s.
- [5:07] The realities of owning a dental practice when you are a mom.
- [9:29] Dr. Dee Dee’s story of opening her practice.
- [11:05] How working with her mentor prepared Dee Dee for running her own practice.
- [12:44] How Dee Dee is intentional about attracting a specific demographic.
- [15:45] Caring about patient comfort – with procedure-specific care packages.
- [17:29] Procedures available in Dr. Dee Dee’s practice.
- [20:13] Dee Dee’s thoughts on balancing work and family.
- [20:41] Dee Dee’s Continuing Education recommendations.
- [22:18] How Dr. Dee Dee markets her practice through social media.
- [25:50] The dynamic of Dr. Dee Dee’s team, and how she empowers and rewards them.
- [34:54] Annual meeting and goal setting for your practice.
- [36:26] How Dr. Dee Dee’s bonus system works.
- [40:20] Dr. Dee Dee’s Advice for your success in contemporary dentistry
- [41:20] The structure of Dee Dee’s practice day.
- [42:55] Practice technology Dr. Dee Dee doesn’t think she could practice without.
- [45:26] Dr. Dee Dee’s big goal.
- [47:18] Current focus: how to make the day run more smoothly. Block scheduling.
Resources & People Mentioned
- Dr. Dee Dee’s practice website
- E-mail: DrDee@Deefordentist.com
- Dr. Dee Dee on Twitter
- Dr. Dee Dee on Facebook
- Gumdrop Technique course
- Enlive Dental
- Fortune Management
Listen to the entire interview
Subscribe to the Podcast
Want to get T-Bone Speaks sent directly to your smart device when a new episode comes out? T-Bone would love that! You can do so by subscribing via iTunes or searching for “T-Bone Speaks” on your podcast player (don’t forget the hyphen).
Submit a question for T-Bone
If you’d like to have T-Bone address a question or issue you’re having in your practice he’d love to respond and answer your question on the show. You can submit your question by completing the contact form here.
Attend one of T-Bones LIVE events!
If you are interested in attending a LIVE event that T-Bone is hosting you can find one near you by checking out the map and event descriptions here.