The COVID-19 virus has been extremely difficult for all of us. Beyond the damage to people’s health and well-being, dental practices experienced complete shutdowns in some places. This has led to poorer health over time since good oral hygiene is directly linked to better overall health. Dentists need to prepare for a new “future” in dentistry for the time being. The proper time and way to reopen our practices involve many factors. Dental practices and team members need to prepare for the new policies they will need to put into place to begin seeing patients again.
In this week’s episode, we talk about four important questions to help you reopen successfully. We don’t know what to expect, how the first week after reopening will be like, or even how our patients will react. What we do know is that there are these four things that can help you go faster, better, and the way that you want. I explain ways to let people know that our dental practice is open and safe. We also talk about what can we do to reconnect with the two months of patients that we have to reschedule due to the pandemic and what can we do to fill any last-minute cancellation.
These four questions are general recommendations for dental offices to consider as they design and implement their own protocols. Every practice is unique, and their solution will be as well. As we learn how to treat patients within our new circumstances, offices should expect to return to a full schedule soon.
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- Podcast review.
- What are we doing to let our patients know that we are open?
- Ways to let people know that we are open.
- Asking patients for reviews.
- What are we doing to let people know that we are safe?
- What are we doing to reconnect with the two months of patients that we have rescheduled?
- What can we do to fill any last-minute cancellation?
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Let your current and prospective patients know that you are open.”
- “We should be doing social media posts about being back.”
- “Ask your patients about leaving reviews reading how they felt coming back.”
- “People are just looking for reassurance.”
- “You need to be confident that you are doing everything possible.”
- “It should never be you singing on the top of the mountain about how great you are, it should be your patients singing on top of the mountain about how great you are.”
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.