Do you want to keep your practice up-to-date and competitive in today’s market? Adding implantology to your dental practice is a great way to do it. On this episode, Dr. Justin Moody, world-renowned implant educator, talks with T-Bone about everything to do with dental implants. Listen in to learn about what implants do for your practice life and for your patients, how to determine if implants are indeed a good choice for your practice, and how to find the training program that will be best for you.
Implant dentistry in a small town practice?
Many small-town dentists make the mistaken assumption that adding implantology can only be done in a bigger city where there are more resources and people. On this episode, Dr. Justin Moody describes how he brought implantology to his previous clinic in a small town in Nebraska, and the benefit that he was able to provide for patients from miles around. Before you decide that implantology is not for you, listen to this podcast and then follow Dr. Moody’s instructions for how to determine the effect that adding dental implants could have on your practice and on your patients’ lives.
Issues to consider when adding implantology to your dental practice
If you want to do tooth replacement therapy instead of extractions, there are a number of issues to consider. On this episode, Dr. Justin Moody and T-Bone discuss many of the details surrounding dental implants, including dental insurance, lowering the cost to the patient by using technology to decrease the time needed for the procedures, and what size implants are appropriate for different situations. They also talk about the value of surrounding yourself with like-minded people in your practice, and how the future of dental implants is in immediate placement. Listen in for all the details you need to make a good decision about adding implantology to your dental practice.
First steps for dentists who want to add implants to their practice
The first step to take if you want to add implantology to your practice is to take a course. There are many different trainers and courses available, and it important to choose the one that will be best for you. On this episode, T-Bone and Dr. Moody provide multiple criteria for what to look for in implant education. Listen in to learn the important difference between speakers and trainers, why it is worth paying for the quality of training that you want, and the one criterion that is the make-or-break decision about the course that you choose.
Dr. Justin Moody’s Implant Pathway training course
One of your many choices for training in implantology is Dr. Moody’s Implant Pathway course. On this episode, Dr. Moody describes the different aspects of his course which includes online training, in-person training, and three days of live implant training. Listen in to hear more about Dr. Moody’s course as well as how to determine whether or not you would benefit from adding implants to your practice, and why it is a value to your patients.
Outline of This Episode
- [4:16] Intro to Dr. Moody and the training he is doing for Affordable Dentures and Implants in Raleigh, NC.
- [6:55] Goodwill dentistry for people who can’t afford it.
- [09:48] The impact of dental insurance on the industry.
- [12:20] Implant dentistry in a small town?
- [20:33] What would implants do for your practice life?
- [21:53] Making tooth replacement therapy more affordable
- [29:34] Restorations are about aesthetics, not just tooth replacement.
- [31:55] Considerations about implant size.
- [37:08] There is nothing new under the sun – not even dental implants.
- [39:20] The important differences between speakers and trainers.
- [45:46] A few thoughts about dentists and their patients.
- [49:43] Dr. Moody’s offices and how he decides when to open a new one.
- [56:28] An overview of Dr. Moody’s Implant Pathway course.
- [1:07:29] First steps for dentists who want to add implants to their practice.
- [1:12:56] Edentulism is not going away.
- [1:14:05] How do you double the number of implants you are doing in a year?
- [1:18:17] Technical information about what size implant to use.
- [1:21:32] Just do it.
- [1:22:50] A word to dentists over age 40.
Resources & People Mentioned
- Bio Horizons (Platform shift implants)
- Affordable Dentures and Implants
Listen to the entire interview
Subscribe to the Podcast
Want to get T-Bone Speaks sent directly to your smart device when a new episode comes out? T-Bone would love that! You can do so by subscribing via iTunes or searching for “T-Bone Speaks” on your podcast player (don’t forget the hyphen).
Submit a question for T-Bone
If you’d like to have T-Bone address a question or issue you’re having in your practice he’d love to respond and answer your question on the show. You can submit your question by completing the contact form here.
Attend one of T-Bones LIVE events!
If you are interested in attending a LIVE event that T-Bone is hosting you can find one near you by checking out the map and event descriptions here.