TBS154 Pivoting Your Dental Practice: Implementing Dental Sleep Apnea Practices to Save Patient Lives with Dr. Erin Elliott, DDS Part 5
Dr. Erin Elliott, DDS is a public speaker, dental sleep apnea expert, and the owner and partner of Post Falls Family Dental as well as Sleep Better Northwest. Since 2003, she has specialized in treating patients with sleep apnea. She is an active member of the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine. Dr. Erin also holds regular 2-day courses and workshops at 3D-Dentists as well as coaches other dental practitioners on how they can help their patients sleep better – and even save their lives – by adding dental sleep apnea services in their practices.
Dr. Erin joins me today to share her journey into serving patients with sleep apnea. She shares the challenges she faced when she began offering this service and explains why many dental practitioners are hesitant about adding sleep apnea treatments in their practice. She also shares how to build awareness and urgency for oral appliance therapy with your patients and strategies you can use to begin implementing these services in your practice.
“Sleep apnea is something that we can bring to our patients that literally changes their lives.” – Dr. Erin Elliott, DDS
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- What inspired Dr. Elliott’s passion for helping sleep apnea patients
- Why many dental practitioners struggle to understand the value and benefits that dental sleep apnea services offer to their clients
- How adding dental sleep apnea services has impacted her practice
- Why fear and confusion about oral appliance therapy holds many dental practitioners back from adding it as a service
- How to build your team’s confidence when adding oral appliance therapy into your practice
- Practical strategies to implement oral appliance therapy
- Building awareness and urgency for dental sleep apnea services in your practice
- How to help your patients receive a proper diagnosis for sleep apnea
- Understanding the financial elements of dental sleep apnea and how to help your patients determine the best payment plan for their needs
- Developing treatment options and plans
- The number one reason you should consider adding dental sleep apnea to your practice
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “If you can get the infrastructure in place, it just becomes a machine.” – Dr. Erin Elliott, DDS
- “You just need to start the conversation.” – Dr. Erin Elliott, DDS
- “Anyone can do it if they start with their why.” – Dr. Erin Elliott, DDS
Connect with Dr. Erin Elliott, DDS:
Discover the Keys to Pivot Your Practice
Do you want to do more of the kind of dentistry you love? Want to learn how to achieve your goals, increase your revenue, and find financial freedom without seeing more patients? Are you ready to create the life, freedom, and happiness you desire? Then you need a copy of my free book: The Dental Practice Pivot. Discover how to increase your revenue, create a more balanced lifestyle, and gain a competitive advantage in the highly competitive dental industry.
Visit the Dental Practice Pivot website to claim your free copy and begin your journey to achieve true happiness and financial freedom.
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.