Hootan Shahidi is the President and Founder of Cross Over Dental Enterprises or C.O.D.E. C.O.D.E. is a medical billing company that primarily serves dental professionals. Other than medical billing for dentistry, Hootan is also skilled in medical billing for medical devices and sales. He obtained his Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Policy, and Management from Emory University.
Hootan joins me today to share his passion for medical billing and what led him to this industry. He explains the benefits of medical billing and how to know if you have patients who are entitled to use this service. He discusses why not many dentists practice medical billing. Hootan also shares what their medical billing program is all about and what clients will learn from their courses.
“Something that had a hand in your success that is not under your control is going to be your demographic.” – Hootan Shahidi
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- Why Hootan is passionate about medical billing.
- How he got started in his medical billing career.
- The number of practices he’s involved with.
- Why dentists think medical billing cannot be done.
- The best ways to assess your medical billing.
- The right time to hire a third party.
- Benefits and financial expectations from medical billing.
- What they teach in their medical billing program.
- The difference between billable and payable.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “A good way to really assess the medical billing thing is thinking about the procedures that you do.” – Hootan Shahidi
- “Let’s look at it from the patient’s side. What can you do to satisfy that patient or give a better patient experience?” – Hootan Shahidi
- “Most HMOs don’t have out-of-network benefits.” – Hootan Shahidi
Connect with Hootan Shahidi:
- Cross Over Dental Enterprises
- Phone: (818) 306-5106
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover the Keys to Pivot Your Practice
Do you want to do more of the kind of dentistry you love? Want to learn how to achieve your goals, increase your revenue, and find financial freedom without seeing more patients? Are you ready to create the life, freedom, and happiness you desire? Then you need a copy of my free book: The Dental Practice Pivot. Discover how to increase your revenue, create a more balanced lifestyle, and gain a competitive advantage in the highly competitive dental industry.
Visit the Dental Practice Pivot website to claim your free copy and begin your journey to achieve true happiness and financial freedom.
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.