Will Jones is the owner of Will Jones Dentistry, a practice based in Brentwood, Tennessee that offers services such as implants, botox, and sleep apnea treatment. With a long family history of dentists – from his sister and grandfather both having careers in dentistry and his parents meeting in dental school – it’s not surprising that Will found his passion for the industry and all of the amazing benefits it offers. Will earned his DDS from The University of Tennessee Health Science Center and holds an IV Moderate Sedation License, which he obtained from the Tennessee Board of Dentistry.
Will joins me today to discuss how he manages his practice and why he is optimistic about its increasing growth and profitability. He explains how he took over the practice and the difference in profit between the old team and the team he assembled. He explains the benefits and drawbacks of changing team members as well as why you should not be afraid to remove even those who stayed with you the longest. Will also describes how he manages the financial side of the business and we share tips regarding practice management as a whole.
“Don’t be scared to let a few people go and replace them with someone better.” – Will Jones
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- How Will grew his practice’s income by more than 30% this year and what he attributes to this success.
- The team changes he enacted that allowed them to have better profits despite working fewer hours.
- Why turnover doesn’t always mean people need to leave.
- The pros and cons of changing team members.
- The risks you need to take to lead your business through a rough patch.
- Why photography is critical for a dental practice.
- The photographs you need to take with every patient.
- Handling the financial side of managing your own practice.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “There’s also a confidence level there as well, being able to ask your patients questions and let them be a boss.” – Will Jones
- “You could make an argument that I’m changing things too quickly, but I’m happier than I was three years ago.” – Will Jones
- “The devil you knew is better than the devil you know now.” – Will Jones
Connect with Will Jones:
Discover the Keys to Pivot Your Practice
Do you want to do more of the kind of dentistry you love? Want to learn how to achieve your goals, increase your revenue, and find financial freedom without seeing more patients? Are you ready to create the life, freedom, and happiness you desire? Then you need a copy of my free book: The Dental Practice Pivot. Discover how to increase your revenue, create a more balanced lifestyle, and gain a competitive advantage in the highly competitive dental industry.
Visit the Dental Practice Pivot website to claim your free copy and begin your journey to achieve true happiness and financial freedom.
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.