The success of any dental practice relies heavily on attracting, motivating, and keeping the right team members. It doesn’t matter how many MBAs you have or the number of dental practice management books you’ve read, if your team is ill-equipped to handle the business flow you aim to sustain, your practice will fail. Do you know if your current team is the right team? How do you keep them motivated to go to work every day?
In today’s episode, Meredith and I share the different ways to attract, motivate, and keep team members in your practice. We discuss the importance of having a sense of work flexibility and how to apply them individually. We explain how you can motivate team members to become better than what they’re capable of. We also describe some of the reasons why you should update your office at least every five years and discuss how you can talk to your team members regarding bonuses and other incentives.
“We have to accept people for where they’re at. At the same time, we also have to challenge them uniquely and individually to where they’re at.” – Tarun Agarwal
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- Work-life flexibility in the practice and how you can compete with large corporations.
- Setting flexible work schedules while still being in control of your team.
- Having a pleasant office environment to get team members excited to work.
- Why lunchtime is more than just a time to eat food.
- Challenging team members to grow beyond what they are now.
- What it means to move forward by replacing yourself.
- Motivating your team members through social events and bonus structures.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “You don’t create vacations where everybody goes at the same time.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “It’s super important to create an environment where we start having flexibility. That’s what attracts people.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “You have to give people upward mobility.” – Tarun Agarwal
Connect with Meredith:
Discover the Keys to Pivot Your Practice
Do you want to do more of the kind of dentistry you love? Want to learn how to achieve your goals, increase your revenue, and find financial freedom without seeing more patients? Are you ready to create the life, freedom, and happiness you desire? Then you need a copy of my free book: The Dental Practice Pivot. Discover how to increase your revenue, create a more balanced lifestyle, and gain a competitive advantage in the highly competitive dental industry.
Visit the Dental Practice Pivot website to claim your free copy and begin your journey to achieve true happiness and financial freedom.
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.