TBS166 – Success by Failing Forward with Implant Ninja Ivan Chicchon
Ivan Chicchon is a practicing dentist, lecturer, and trainer for dental implant procedures. He is commonly referred to as the Implant Ninja, the nickname he uses all over his social media handles. He came from a family of dentists, which greatly influenced not just his career path but also his entrepreneurial spirit. His entrepreneurial spirit led him to author The Implant Ninja: All-on-X Handbook, a step-by-step guide on treatment planning, implants, digital workflow, and prosthetics. Ivan earned his DDS from the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, and his MSc in Prosthodontics from the University of Michigan.
In today’s episode, Ivan joins me to discuss what it’s like to be the Implant Ninja and share his trade secrets in amassing an excellent social media following. He describes what it’s like to hail from a family of dentists, the early challenges he encountered as a professional, and how he manages to get leads from Instagram and Facebook. He explains the need for professionals to be heavily invested in social media and the type of content to produce that helps you get new clients. Ivan also shares advice for those who might be struggling early in their careers.
“If you just create something people are already looking for, then they’re going to read it and trust you.” – Ivan Chichon
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- How he earned the nickname: Implant Ninja.
- What it’s like to belong to a family of dentists.
- The challenges he encountered while working with DSOs and in his practice.
- How he gains new clients and his content creation strategy.
- His advice to those who have trouble succeeding in dentistry.
- What it means to “Fail Forward” to be successful.
- How he spread his name on social media faster than veterans in the industry.
- Using Instagram Stories to elevate your business presence.
- The services he offers in his practice and how he promotes them to clients.
- His experience with sedation and why you have to have someone else do it.
- How he handles his finances when it comes to paying off his loans.
- What his book is about and what inspired him to write it.
- Why he wants to slow his business down for now.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Just do it. If it’s not perfect, you just try again and try again.” – Ivan Chicchon
- “There’s a lot of interruption marketing these days, and that doesn’t work because we filter that out.” – Ivan Chicchon
- “Iterate fast to fail better. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you fail, and when you fail.” – Ivan Chicchon
Connect with Ivan Chicchon:
- Implant Ninja Dental Center
- Implant Ninja Online Course
- Book: The Implant Ninja All-on-X Handbook
Discover the Keys to Pivot Your Practice
Do you want to do more of the kind of dentistry you love? Want to learn how to achieve your goals, increase your revenue, and find financial freedom without seeing more patients? Are you ready to create the life, freedom, and happiness you desire? Then you need a copy of my free book: The Dental Practice Pivot. Discover how to increase your revenue, create a more balanced lifestyle, and gain a competitive advantage in the highly competitive dental industry.
Visit the Dental Practice Pivot website to claim your free copy and begin your journey to achieve true happiness and financial freedom.
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.