Rachel Wall is the Founder & CEO of Inspired Hygiene, a hygiene coaching and speaking business aimed at providing webinars, coaching, and mastermind groups to improve dental practitioner’s profits. Much of her wisdom is drawn from over 20 years of experience as a hygienist and practice administrator. Rachel offers various coaching systems such as Elevate, a 12-month in-office coaching program that seeks to improve services, systems, and profitability – and Kick Start Coaching, a 4-month in-office coaching program designed to help teams begin their hygiene services and productivity.
In today’s episode, Rachel discusses just what it’s like to run a practice as a hygienist. She explains what her Hygiene Schedule Engineering is about and shares how to properly manage schedules to make way for both new and emergency patients. She discusses some of the intricacies in hygiene compensation models, what worked well for her practice, and what has worked in other practices. Rachel also describes some of the ways you can keep the business of a dental hygienist interesting.
“Everything is not going to fit your culture, but if we overanalyze it, then we will do nothing.” – Rachel Wall
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- What Hygiene Schedule Engineering is and how she uses it in her practice.
- How she organizes her dental schedules and makes way for potential new patients.
- Her thoughts on short and long appointment times.
- The 20/20/20 rule in hygiene appointments.
- How you can keep dental hygiene interesting.
- The hygienist and increasing the co-diagnosis.
- Her thoughts on the latest hygiene compensation models
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “If you have a team bonus, I encourage you to not remove the hygienist from the team bonus.” – Rachel Wall
- “If you have low reimbursing fees, it’s gotta give somewhere.” – Rachel Wall
- “Sometimes the schedule can be the biggest barrier to implementing someone.” – Rachel Wall
Connect with Rachel Wall:
Discover the Keys to Pivot Your Practice
Do you want to do more of the kind of dentistry you love? Want to learn how to achieve your goals, increase your revenue, and find financial freedom without seeing more patients? Are you ready to create the life, freedom, and happiness you desire? Then you need a copy of my free book: The Dental Practice Pivot. Discover how to increase your revenue, create a more balanced lifestyle, and gain a competitive advantage in the highly competitive dental industry.
Visit the Dental Practice Pivot website to claim your free copy and begin your journey to achieve true happiness and financial freedom.
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.