Dr. Brian McGue is the owner of McGue Dental, a practice in Chesterton, Indiana that offers General and Cosmetic dentistry services such as dental crowns, bridges, fillings, whitening, and implants. He has accumulated over 1,000 hours of dental education post-dental school. Brian was also awarded the Fellowship Award from the Academy of General Dentistry, an award handed to less than 5% of dentists in the United States, for the hours he accumulated as well as passing a rigorous written examination over all areas of dentistry.
In today’s episode, Brian shares why every practice should consider offering oral sedation to their patients. He describes why patients hesitate taking oral sedation and ways to remove patient doubts. He explains some of the benefits of oral sedation from both the dentist’s and the patient’s perspectives. Brian also discusses the certifications you need to be allowed to offer oral sedation services.
“The psychology behind sedation is not necessarily the dosage; it’s how you present that.” – Brian McGue
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- How to help patients get over the fear of oral sedation.
- The benefits of using oral sedation for both the dentist and the patient.
- How sedation can influence your performance and the patient’s experience.
- Changing the negative mindset around oral sedation.
- Why offering oral sedation can bring you more patients.
- The certifications needed to offer oral sedation and how to get them.
- Why your team members need to know if you offer oral sedation.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “You’ll find, with a sedated patient, you don’t have to use much local anesthetic.” – Brian McGue
- “One of the things we’re required to do when we’re teaching sedation is to evaluate the students.” – Brian McGue
- “With minimal oral conscious sedation, a lot of times it’s like working on a DentoForm.” – Brian McGue
Connect with Brian McGue:
- McGue Dental
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover the Keys to Pivot Your Practice
Do you want to do more of the kind of dentistry you love? Want to learn how to achieve your goals, increase your revenue, and find financial freedom without seeing more patients? Are you ready to create the life, freedom, and happiness you desire? Then you need a copy of my free book: The Dental Practice Pivot. Discover how to increase your revenue, create a more balanced lifestyle, and gain a competitive advantage in the highly competitive dental industry.
Visit the Dental Practice Pivot website to claim your free copy and begin your journey to achieve true happiness and financial freedom.
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.