Ravi Agarwal is a full-time, board-certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon at MedStar Hospital Center. He fulfilled his degree in dentistry at the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry before moving to MedStar for his residency program. He specializes in corrective jaw surgery, facial trauma treatment, and jaw deformity repairs. His clinical approach emphasizes on the use of 3D treatment planning and makes each patient’s treatment unique and individualized. Ravi also makes use of tissue engineering techniques to conduct reconstructive procedures without needing to harvest the patient’s bone or tissue.
In today’s episode, Ravi and I will discuss what it’s like growing up as siblings and how we influenced each other’s professional growth. Ravi describes what made him pursue a career in oral surgery and what makes his practice different from mine. He explains some of the issues he encounters in his practice that overlaps with dentistry. Ravi also shares how he deals with sleep apnea and the technology they use to treat it.
“I got to see the side of dentistry that was oral surgery and it was my call.” – Ravi Agarwal
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- Why we gravitated towards higher education as immigrants.
- How I influenced Ravi’s career choices.
- Why Ravi made the decision to switch from dentistry to oral surgery in college.
- What sets Ravi apart from the rest of the family, from a career standpoint.
- How our parents taught us about finances and apprenticeship.
- The similarities and differences between oral surgery and dentistry.
- The big disconnect between general dentistry and specialization.
- What Ravi sees as the big changes in his industry in recent years.
- The conversations and arguments we have as brothers and professionals.
- How dentistry and oral surgery can help with sleep apnea.
- The benefits of corrective jaw surgery for both kids and adults.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “When you’re an immigrant, there is only one way to guarantee moving up: Education.” – T-Bone
- “You’re in America, you can do what you want. You just have to know how to do it and where to do it.” – T-Bone
- “A lot of my practice is referral-based.” – Ravi Agarwal
Connect with Ravi Agarwal:
Discover the Keys to Pivot Your Practice
Do you want to do more of the kind of dentistry you love? Want to learn how to achieve your goals, increase your revenue, and find financial freedom without seeing more patients? Are you ready to create the life, freedom, and happiness you desire? Then you need a copy of my free book: The Dental Practice Pivot. Discover how to increase your revenue, create a more balanced lifestyle, and gain a competitive advantage in the highly competitive dental industry.
Visit the Dental Practice Pivot website to claim your free copy and begin your journey to achieve true happiness and financial freedom.
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.