I attended an IV sedation program and to say that I learned a lot is an understatement. From knowing how it can attract more patients to how it positively affects the dentist’s work, most practices will definitely benefit from offering IV sedation services. However, there are some points to consider before you add IV sedation to your standard practice procedure. If you have oral sedation already, do you still need to add IV? Can IV sedation boost profit?
Today, I share my funny and humbling experience in an IV sedation program. I describe some of the facts I learned from my own 3D Dentists members regarding sedation and why I think all dentists should consider sedation services. I explain the benefits of sedation from both patient and dentist’s viewpoint and how it can make your practice more attractive overall. I also discuss some of the cons of sedation services as well as some of the must-haves before a practice should add them.
“For general dentistry, oral sedation is fantastic but as we get into more surgical work, we need the IV sedation.”
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- My experience in an IV sedation program.
- The benefits of adding sedation to your practice.
- What can count as regular frequency for sedation services.
- The benefits of oral sedation from the business and patient perspectives.
- Why oral sedation benefits the dentist more than the patients.
- Some of the negative aspects of offering oral sedation services.
- The experience of the volunteers I had during the IV sedation program.
- The best time to add IV sedation in your practice.
- My tips on what to have when you add sedation
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Only about 25% of the practices that participate in our programs are offering sedation services.” – T-Bone
- “More and more people are interested in having sedation, especially when they find out it is a pill and not a needle.” – T-Bone
- “Oral sedation is phenomenal for longer procedures.” – T-Bone
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.