You can say a treatment coordinator is a lot like being a sales person, but instead of closing deals, they close dental procedures for patients as they are scheduled by dentists. Their role is to make sure the schedule is followed and every patient has a complete treatment plan. More than planning, they are also critical when it comes to bridging the communication gap between dentist and patient. Because of her innate skill set and time management skills, it wasn’t difficult to see how Crystal Pion would not only take charge of this role, but revel in it.
Today, Crystal joins us to share what it’s like being a treatment coordinator for my practice. She describes what her role entails, the responsibilities assigned to her, and what she’s learned from it. She discusses what her daily routine looks like and how the pandemic has affected the practice as a whole. She explains the importance of communication, especially now that everyone is going virtual. Crystal also shares what her job was like before joining my team and her thoughts on our practice.
“Communication is key if you want to be successful.” – Crystal Pion
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- Crystal’s role as our treatment coordinator.
- Why I chose Crystal for her current position.
- Opportunities for multiple roles and managing your responsibilities.
- What Crystal believes a treatment coordinator needs to become successful.
- Crystal’s day-to-day schedule and routines.
- The importance of follow-up in any type of business.
- How frequent should a follow-up be and when should you stop?
- Crystal’s opinion on how our practice is built and run.
- What Crystal’s work was before she joined our practice.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “You have to have time to follow-up with patients you didn’t really get to bond with to see what they need to get them where they want to be.” – Crystal Pion
- “We all want good communication. ” – Tarun Agarwal
- “Dentists underestimate, in themselves, how many hats they wear.” – Tarun Agarwal
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.