Michael DiTolla is the Vice President of Clinical Affairs and Communications at AEGIS Dental Network. He is also a sought-after speaker and routinely conducts seminars to help dentists learn new techniques and ways of providing services. He has presented on stages at various dental organizations such as the American Dental Association, Yankee Dental Meeting, Alaska Dental Association, and New York County Dental Society. Due to the pandemic of 2020, Michael has since shifted to conducting webinars. However, despite the relatively new approach, he still finds ways to make his presentations as educational and entertaining as ever.
Today, Michael joins me to share what dentists are like when we’re not wearing our coats and treating patients. He describes how his speaking career has shifted since the pandemic began and how he’s adjusted to virtual seminars. He discusses how technology should be embraced as a means of getting to a higher level of dentistry. He shares how speaking has changed his perspective of the industry and what motivated him to become a public speaker. Michael also explains how many people in our profession struggle to cope with mental health problems and describes why he’s not opposed to using psychedelics as a mental health treatment.
“The fastest way to become a better clinical dentist is to get involved with digital technology.” – Michael DiTolla
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- How virtual meetings made it difficult for Michael to work.
- The big difference between webinars and actual live audience seminars.
- Why Michael is going back to traditional dentistry after getting out of it.
- The fastest way to become a better clinical dentist.
- How digital technology can help boost your dental skills.
- The funny story of when I went to Orlando and was recognized despite wearing a mask.
- Michael’s experience with speaking at dentistry seminars.
- The benefits of speaking with companies from a business owner viewpoint.
- Why specialists are some of the highest paid in the industry.
- How you can be truthful without being insensitive as a speaker.
- Why many immigrants succeed in the US and our thoughts on discrimination.
- How Michael uses different YouTube videos to create interesting dentistry content.
- The unspoken side of dentistry and its vulnerable aspects.
- Michael’s thoughts on using psychedelics to treat mental problems.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “A good relationship is when there is mutual benefit.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “You don’t want to develop a reputation of being insensitive, but you also want to be true to who you are.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “Nobody wants to hear stories of us being heroes. They want to hear about the time we fell down and got back up.” – Michael DiTolla
- Book: The Body Never Lies by Alice Miller
Connect with Michael DiTolla:
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.