Grant Olson is the owner of Innovative Dental, a practice in Springfield, Missouri that offers various services, including root canal therapy, fillings, crowns, veneers, whitening, implants, dentures, and orthodontic procedures. He is one of only 300 CEREC Mentors globally and is a known expert in smile makeovers, performing dozens every year. Grant is also the owner of the Innovative Dental of Springfield YouTube channel where he shares content about his passion for dentistry and talks about the latest in cosmetic dental procedures and technology.
Today, Grant joins me to share how YouTube changed the way he marketed his services and why video marketing is the best way to attract new customers. He describes what the practice was like when he first bought it and the effort he and his team made to bring it back to life. He explains how his religious beliefs allowed him to have the mentality to succeed in the dental industry, the type of content he produces, and how he managed to grow his YouTube channel. Grant also shares the tools he and his team have developed for his customers and what he wants newcomers to understand about owning and running a dental practice.
“I’m not so interested in growing subscribers as I am in helping people.” – Grant Olson
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- The unique setup Grant uses with his practice
- How YouTube can help build your practice
- Creating an environment that can attract people that don’t like to go to the dentist
- The situation of the practice Grant bought and how he turned it around
- Did Grant have doubts about finding success in the practice he purchased
- Grant’s religious faith and his life of self-belief
- How to market your practice in today’s social media environment
- How Grant grew his practice’s YouTube channel and the content they produce
- Grant’s thoughts on his old content and how his content changed over the years
- The tools Grant’s team developed to provide data and analyze the flow of their practice
- The challenges of running a practice and what Grant wants newcomers to know
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Perfection is the enemy of great.” – Grant Olson
- “You can worry so much about being perfect that you just don’t ever do it.” – Grant Olson
- “You have to find joy in the journey. If you don’t enjoy the journey in dentistry, you’re going to be disappointed.” – Grant Olson
- “Today, the best way to market your practice is what people refer to as personal branding.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “You don’t have to go all the way, but you have to at least try and make a step.” – Tarun Agarwal
Connect with Grant Olson:
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.