Erin Elliot is a dentist with a particular interest in Dental Sleep Medicine. She is a recognized expert in the field and has been hired to speak and lecture extensively on this topic. Her business is all about helping dentists incorporate sleep services to treat sleep apnea and snoring into their practices. Erin is also a member of her local American Dental Association in Idaho, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine.
Today, Erin joins us to discuss some of the most important things to consider when you want to include dental sleep medicine in your practice. We share the common questions our audience asks about sleep apnea, especially regarding how to get started. Erin explains the top conditions dentists should know and how to make services not covered by medical insurance more affordable. She describes why merely writing a letter can be a great way to market your services to a physician. We discuss the right time for a dentist to ask for referrals and why newcomers shouldn’t even think about it.
We also announce our new 3D Retreat, a 10-acre retreat center with a lodge to stay in, a training center, and a loft for team escapes located in Raleigh, North Carolina.
“The more people you treat, the more they tell others.” – Erin Elliot
This week on T-Bone Speaks Dentistry Podcast:
- Some of the common questions people ask about sleep apnea.
- What it was like when we included dental sleep medicine in our practice for the first time.
- The foolproof way to treat sleep apnea when you get started.
- How going to sleep seminars is just like watching movies.
- The top dental conditions hygienists should be aware of.
- How your team members can showcase your business expertise.
- When dentists should be asking for referrals.
- The easiest and cheapest marketing strategy to get into a physician’s office.
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “We got to have the alternative solution in terms of how to make it affordable.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “Treat one of your team members and let them be your shining example.” – Tarun Agarwal
- “Nothing will break a relationship with a physician than their patients coming to you and having an experience that isn’t fantastic.” – Tarun Agarwal
Connect With Dr. Erin Elliot:
Subscribe, Connect & Share Your Favorite Episodes
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of T-Bone Speaks Dentistry. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Google Play Music to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review. For more great content and helpful tips to grow your dental practice, visit our website. Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, subscribe on YouTube, and don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with other dental practitioners.